Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Day High

Declan's first day. He took to his new backpack. He proudly wore it and wasn't bothered by the straps like he was before. That morning he was also looking over the boxes and school supplies. He looks old in the pics. More worried and anxious than excited. I think I'm the only one who's excited...



My cousin drove us there. It went as expected. I could hear chairs and tables overturned upstairs and I knew it was him. Both his SPED and ABA teacher said the same things-- that they had a tough time getting him to sit down and do as told. But I mean, give the kid a break. He's been out of school for almost two years, and these are strangers, he needs time to get used to things.... Unfortunately I didn't get pics of him in the classroom. Parents and caregivers had to wait downstairs. At least I had the time to write the summary of some of the cassette interviews.

He had his measurements taken for his uniform and we'll probably get the set by next week. I wanted to accompany him today for his OT, but alas I need to start on the documentary editing plus I have class in the afternoon. My other regret is that I should have gone to SM department store first before National Bookstore. Their outlet in SM Bicutan is horrendous. The office supplies section of the department store had more selections and carried the plain colorful plastic covered notebooks I was looking for. Tsk, I had settled with the typical blue notebooks for his teachers notes. I don't know why I'm making such a fuss. Declan probably doesn't care. I guess parents are like that, they feel that their kids are extensions of themselves and are in effect buying school supplies for themselves.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i didn't know you had a new blog! no wonder your old miserable blog had no new entries.

why didn't you tell me declan was back in school? congrats! ang exciting naman! :)

- shine

Anonymous said...

so cute. i want to cry. A UNIFORM!!!!! ---- nina

Michelle Lana said...

HI Pamstr. I saw the post you did for my blog! :) I am truly honored! Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I will very soon. Take care! -Michelle

Pamstr said...

Oh goody. I love your illustrations. ;-)