Monday, September 1, 2008

Hello September

stolen from postsecret

New month, new hurdles. But I'm excited. In my 20's I'd probably wallow in despair and write the sappiest poems and pester old reliables into drinking with me. Now in my 30's, I decided to color-code my calendar and organize my to-do list for the entire month.

stolen from flickr

I bought a bright yellow notebook on the new moon for accounting my expenses. I'm doing 2 government-funded projects, a research fund for a television soap, and my own expenses of course. Last week was a nightmare figuring out how much money I really have and how much I owe the other funds I've been dipping in to. Unless by some stroke of luck I end up marrying an accountant, I have to force myself to balance my own books and never be bankrupt again.



photo credits: kideko, j.crew, wonderboy

Will be shopping for school supplies and little boy clothes later for Declan's first day of school tomorrow. I'm so excited. I wish I had the budget to shop for all these nice things online, but right, now I have to settle for SM.

He's been out of therapy for more than two years. Am such a bad mother for letting myself drown in debt and disillusionment. But things are gonna be different now. He'll by trying out ABA, for the first time and also , he'll be sitting in a SPED class with other kids. Now that's a gigantic leap from the one one therapy he's used to. Other kids... Now that's a bit scary for Declan, he kinda panicked the last time we were in the school for his evaluation. Hopefully he'll get used to it. Eventually, he'll be required to wear a uniform, according to the school admin. A uniform! I think I'm gonna cry...

No comments: