Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Ultra-femme Wednesday

I can take a hint, but I don't take defeat, at least not as easily, and not to seasonal affective disorder caused by this Karen chick.


Placenta There are things like baby footprints, saving baby's first lock of hair, posting his ultrasound pic on Facebook... but nothing says "motherly love" more than a Placenta Print.

Ah, I should've gotten one back '01, mount it on canvass, auction it when I get famous (or die, whichever comes first). It's the closest I would ever get to "visual art". I wonder what it would smell like though... I guess parenting is like durian, it stinks to some, tastes heavenly to some...it's an acquired taste.

Rubyfruit




Stolen from Elaine . This 1989 short film is by Sadie Benning and was made with this toy camera. I wish my godmother had given me a Fisher-Price camera instead of a Barbie.
Reminds me of my UP film school days in the '90s when we had someone like Sir Jonathan Beller make us watch films like these and Kenneth Anger's and make papers using The Flor Contemplacion Story & Natural Born Killers alongside Renato Constantino readings. Where else could you find an American who make us watch Nora Aunor & Lito Lapid films in film theory class?

Rachel Sofield



pic stolen from designer Rachel Sofield . Not necessarily true I think. My heart is in both places. My heart is all over the place (on my sleeve, on my blog). And it always is fun while it lasts. I have low EQ. I'd rather have fun now. You won't know if the prince is a frog until its kissed.

Sometimes I want to be proven wrong. But same old, same old... The 90-day rule may have some truth to it. My friend Nina was telling me the other day that if we put together all the beer we've drank (since we met back in 2005) to talk/forget about the men in our lives, it would be enough to fill an olympic-sized swimming pool. Definitely enough to drown one's sorrows. Luckily I know how to swim.

No comments: